Powered By Blogger

Followers

Left Front

No rest for the wicked, some say. I must be terrible indeed because I am always working! However, not all work is terrible. Thursday evening I finished the back part of the Big Lebowski Sweater. Although I was happy to see the fruits of my labor and learning, I started the left front of the sweater yesterday. This time it's going much faster. I have already completed the first stripe and z pattern. My goal is to get to the first chart today or tomorrow.

I think it's going faster because I have already practiced quite a bit with color work and because there are about 1/3 of the stitches on this piece compared to the back. Another knitting aspect that I've learned in this process is the Continental knitting style. While I'm still not super fast at it, nor the most stationary, I have switched to knitting the sweater in Continental style because a 1x1 rib does go faster this way than English method. I'm beginning to see how I can do increases and decreases using Continental, but not casting on or off.

I'm really enjoying the sweater now. It's become easy and it's a constant reminder for how much I've learned since the beginning of August. Let's hope I can finish it by November! Now that I have a dog, I want to knit him a sweater and a blanket for the holidays. So much knitting and so little time!

Happy knitting!

0 comments:

What do you most want to read about?