Powered By Blogger

Followers

Finished Back Piece

After starting the Big Lebowski sweater in August, I finally finished the back piece. Never mind that my goal was to have the sweater finished by October! Now I'm hoping to have it done in time for my dad's birthday in November. In order to complete this, I had to learn Fair Isle with 1x1 ribbing, which is much harder than doing Fair Isle in stockinette. That slowed me down considerably. Also, being a teacher is quite demanding, though I love my job, so I was only able to work on it during the weekends. I'm hoping that the rest of the sweater goes much faster, now that I know what I'm doing.

I thought I would be ecstatic to see this piece finished, but I was prouder when I had finished the Fair Isle chart. At any rate, you see that I'm pretty happy. I'll start the front piece tomorrow!

 It is much bigger than I thought! Also, off of the needles, I can see that the pattern really does look like it did in the movie!

 My dog, Mr. Darcy, is also happy about the sweater. He is enjoying my first knit blanket :)

Happy knitting!

0 comments:

What do you most want to read about?