Powered By Blogger

Followers

Knitting Progress

Well, I've been meaning to write sooner, but I've been knitting instead. Here's what I have been working on.

 
One of my friends is having a baby around Thanksgiving. I found an adorable flower hat pattern on ravelry. Thanks to this project, I learned how to cast on from a crochet circle and to do a top-down hat. Pretty knifty! 

This is the second baby hat. It's from another pattern that I found on ravelry. You knit in a tube, don't decrease, and simply bind off and use an i-cord to shape the hat. I think I may make one for myself as well!


This is the completed flower hat. While it's not the best image, it's super cute.

Lastly, I worked on some baby mitts, again, found on ravelry. I could knit them both in one night and I know that they will be used. For the first time, I tried knitting in the round solely on double pointed needles. While I was worried that I would twist the stitches, I didn't. This made me very happy because now I know that I can start to learn to knit socks!

All in all, I really enjoy knitting things for babies. They are really fast to knit, which gives me immediate gratification, and it's a way for me to learn new techniques without having to fear that I made a mistake a month into the project.

Now all I have to do is finish the Big Lebowski sweater by November first! I will have another post on that!

Happy knitting!

0 comments:

What do you most want to read about?