Powered By Blogger

Followers

Book Review

Warm Weather Knits by Deborah Newton

I bought this book from knitpicks.com. I saw it there and in another knitting magazine, so I thought it would be a good buy. It is a good buy. I think the patterns are beautiful. Living in the desert, I'm glad to have a book of patterns that I can use for people who live here, even though knit wear when it's 100+ degrees outside still is a little extreme.

Most, if not all, of the patterns are for intermediate knitters. While I do consider myself intermediate, there are a few things I haven't attempted. In order to make most of the right side of some of the cardigans, I have to figure out how to reverse the pattern from the left side, as well as to reverse the shaping. In this case, a chart would be most helpful. I think that when I finish the projects on my to-knit list, I will have to go to my local knitting store and ask the expert knitters there how to do such a thing. If Newton does have the charts, I would like to have access to them online, or to be able to email her my questions.

While this book presents beautiful patterns and ideas, unless you know how to reverse shaping and patterns or know someone who can help you, you may want to pass on buying this book. Since I have it, I will challenge myself to figure it out. When I do, I will let you know how to do those things in my blog.

Happy knitting!



0 comments:

What do you most want to read about?