Powered By Blogger

Followers

FOOD

FOOD
The "F" is my teeth and lips and mouth,
Masticating and chewing the nutrients of the earth.
The double "OO" mirrors the roundness of my butt cheeks,
Of humongous morning farts.
The "D" is the sound my poop makes
Hitting the water in the toilet
After my body has magically
Separated the bad from the good.
I wish issues of morality could be dealt with
In such a chemical and efficient manner.

FOOD
The roundness of the three letters
Could turn into my body
If I abuse the blessing of my FOOD.

FOOD
Has already been raped by my culture.
Natural, healthy ingredients,
Covered in pesticides,
Filled with preservatives
And artificial flavors--
I doubt that 30% of the FOOD even constitutes natural FOOD.
The flavors have
Weakened and dulled in my memory,
So that FOOD has
Melted into
Legend.

0 comments:

What do you most want to read about?