Powered By Blogger

Followers

Drunken Musings

After taking 2 GREs in a 48-hour period, I decided to get drunk. While I was drunk, I was inspired to write and this is what I came up with.

I. (11/9/08)
I look in the mirror,
Not to please my vanity,
But to search for a glimpse
Of myself when I was young.
Could I have envisioned myself
Drinking?
Is there still a part of my
Five-year-old self here?
Would she be proud of me?
Do I still look like her?
Do I still exhibit that child-like innocence
That can elicit care-free laughter?
I think she is still within me,
Watching my every move,
A personification of my conscious,
Like Jiminy Cricket.
I maintain my ideals for her.
I work towards my goals for her.
She, who has the power of the world
At her fingertips.
She has more potential than all
Of the world's leaders combined.

Hopefully I will make her proud.

II.

Sharp Ice!
An untouched
Wilderness
In a glass.
The artic pole
Glittering at your grasp.
A microcosm on your table!

How fortunate!

0 comments:

What do you most want to read about?