Powered By Blogger

Followers

Provisional Cast On

I started one of my resolutions today: learn to knit a lace shawl. Thanks to craftsy.com, I'll be able to succeed in this goal. After making 3 gauges, I found the right needle size and started the shawl. It's a semicircular shawl, so I also learned to do a provisional cast on. I think mine would have been better if I had used a crochet hook, but I made it work. When it came to "unzipping" the cast on, I wasn't so successful, but I rescued those first three stitches. I also picked up some stitches. While I don't think I picked them up at the same bump as demonstrated in the video, I think I would have been more successful if I had practiced with larger yarn. At any rate, I have 17 stitches, know how to do pretty much everything else, and am excited to continue.

Happy knitting!

0 comments:

What do you most want to read about?