Powered By Blogger

Followers

Baby Round 2

I still have a few projects on my needles. I need to cast off a green hat that I basically finished last night; ten more minutes and I'm done. I'm making slow but sure progress on my cables and lace shawl. So much for finishing it by the end of December. I got a chart holder from Knit Picks, which sped up the process considerably. Now I can knit from a chart while sitting on the couch. The freedom to knit somewhere besides a table is a great thing. I am also still in progress for my dog's sweater. I need to go back to my knitting store to have someone help me with the directions. My dog was liking his sweater. Thanks to craftsy.com, I also have a lace shawl on some needles. I do want to work on that, considering lace work isn't too hard. We'll see when I work on that again.

However, pregnancy stops for no one. Two of my friends are pregnant with boys. While I really enjoy knitting my projects, or projects for adults, knitting for babies provides me with another opportunity. I can try out new techniques and not worry too much about the results because babies won't be able to wear the product too long. I don't like giving away my knits with mistakes, though. Still, knitting for babies usually means quick projects, so if I do make a mistake, I can unknit stuff quickly and not lose too much time. Trying out new things is what I really like about knitting for babies. I can practice picking up stitches and embroidery techniques, etc. So I'm going to knit a few hats, some with dog ears and others with little propellers at the top. I'm going to attach my first pom poms to these hats and try ear flaps. I may even try stripes. I think I will try stripes since they aren't difficult.

This also means that I have to buy more yarn. The problem? My closet has more yarn than clothes now. I'm going to have to start knitting quickly. So my plan today is to do errands, plan my classes, and knit like a beast. Tomorrow I will repeat the process.

Read, set, go knit! (and happy knitting!)

0 comments:

What do you most want to read about?