Powered By Blogger

Followers

ImagiKnit

Being an avid knitting, I always enjoy visiting new yarn stores. Since I am near Noe Valley, I visited ImagiKnit (www.imagiknit.com). As I mentioned in a previous blog, it was amazing. There are two large rooms filled with yarn of all types.


 I was so excited to simply see all of the yarn. It kind of took my breath away. My local yarn store does have a great selection, but since there are a few rooms, the effect is not so intense. I spent a good 30 minutes simply touching the yarns and looking around. There were so many beautiful colors and soft wools (I particularly liked the Merino Wools). They also had yarn from sheep from the area and spun in the area as well. I could have spent more time, but my grandmother was waiting for me. I did end up buying two skeins of brown yarn to make a scarf for a Spanish friend of mine. The staff was also friendly and helpful. It was neat to see men working there who also knew a lot about knitting. I found it very helpful to ask a man´s opinion about colors for projects for men. They have an online catalogue, so I can always buy their yarns online. They also offer classes.

 I am very tempted to go back and buy more yarn, but I know I shouldn´t, considering how much yarn I already have at home. However, I´m sure that ImagiKnit will be around the next time I´m in the city.

Happy Knitting!

0 comments:

What do you most want to read about?