Powered By Blogger

Followers

Fair Isle Swatch

After pulling it apart three times, I successfully knit the swatch for my sweater. It's a simple "z" pattern with two colors. What makes it difficult is that it's a 1x1 rib, so I have much to count! It took me an hour to knit the 10 rows, but I finally finished it. Pictures to come.

Some suggestions from my local knitting store, Kiwi Knitting Company, really helped me. First, to knit a swatch before acting like an impulsive teenager and trying it on the sweater! I should have thought of that myself. Oh well. Second, to use a marker or a pin so I know which is the right side. I know it sounds silly to need a reminder, but with so much going on in my head with the knit/purl, counts colors, etc., it really makes it easier.

Happy knitting!

0 comments:

What do you most want to read about?