Powered By Blogger

Followers

My Stash

After organizing the yarn I bought into projects, I finally made a document that lists all of my projects. I have a list of 21 different knitting tasks, with about 30 items to knit. That doesn't include two sweaters (one for my dad, one for my boyfriend), a shawl for my boyfriend's mother, and a shawl for a seminarian. How will I be able to complete all of this in one year? My goal is to knit through one box of yarn by August. I will not allow myself to buy anymore yarn until I have less than five projects.

Meanwhile, I just bought 3 pairs of wooden needles to bring to Spain this summer. In a month, I'm hoping to churn out about four scarves (let's keep our fingers crossed for that one!). I'll have 30 hours of flight time, plus two additional, short, round-trips within Europe. I can do that, right?

I've also signed up for three knitting classes at my local yarn shop. This Tuesday I will learn Continental style knitting. June 1, Entrelac, which I'm REALLY excited about. I'll learn how to pick up stitches and work with different colors, two techniques that I need to learn. When I come back from Spain in July, I will take a class about how to fix mistakes. I want to take a class about how to read one's knitting, but that's being offered while I'm in Spain. Oh well.

So while I won't be buying yarn for a while, my needles will be moving constantly.

Happy knitting!

0 comments:

What do you most want to read about?