Powered By Blogger

Followers

Life-Long Knitter

A few days ago I read about the joys of knitting. I came to the realization that knitting, as a hobby, is something that can fulfill people for their entire lives. Why? People take pleasure in taking on challenges and accomplishing them. The wonderful thing about knitting is that knitting can always offer another challenge. At first, it's incredibly difficult just to cast on and knit a simple scarf. Then you learn how to purl. For a while, knitting and purling patterns are challenging and rewarding to accomplish. Add in increases and decreases. With those techniques, you can now do lace work and make sweaters. There are so many different projects to knit: scarves, sweaters, toys, fruits, flowers, blankets, skirts, hats, pillows, cushions, etc. There are too many to list! If that isn't enough, add in color work, which can be extremely difficult.

Knitting has so many different options that knitters can challenge themselves for their entire lives. There are so many different patterns, color choices, and projects that it's impossible to try them all.

Perhaps the last challenge is to actually design one's own projects. I hope to get to that level eventually. I have really started knitting a lot recently. The more I research, the more I want to attempt different projects. So, any of my friends out there, I'm taking orders! Give me a pattern and I'll make you a gift. :)

Happy knitting!

0 comments:

What do you most want to read about?