Powered By Blogger

Followers

Start!

Well, I FINALLY started my first sweater project. Okay, it's really a bolero because I didn't want to take 3 months to make a sweater and realize that the size is off or that sewing the parts together is really messy. That would upset me to no end.

Therefore, I've studied the pattern for probably an hour before even lifting a needle. I finished two scarfs since I've been back (basically this month), and though I still have two scarfs and a hat to knit, they are on the back burner right now.

Last night I made my first gauge. For those of you who don't knit, that's basically a small portion that you knit to see if your number of stitches will match the sizes of the pattern's stitches. If not, you could make a doll's sweater or a tub's...My gauge is almost perfect. It may be a millimeter shorter, but I think that's close enough. I still have a lot to learn about gauges and I will probably laugh at myself in the future, but oh well.



I also started working on the back of the sweater. I cast on my stitches and am finally working! It's all stockinette stitch and seed stitch, which are two very easy stitches to do. It's therefore relaxing and I think it will move faster than I thought.

That's all for now. I took pictures and I will post them later today :D

Happy knitting!

0 comments:

What do you most want to read about?