Powered By Blogger

Followers

Mini Lessons

Well, the bolero is coming along fine. I wrote out the pattern in a detailed manner to ensure that I don't make a mistake. I have already knit a few inches and I'm hoping to have the back finished by the end of the week. Perhaps it's wishful thinking, but I'd like to finish the whole project in 3 weeks. Let's see what I can do!

So far I've learned one interesting knitting fact: if you slip a stitch at the beginning of the row, it makes a salvage, which makes that edge easier to connect to another piece of fabric. I have a feeling that I will be learning lots more on this project, which I love! I also learned to knit English method, with the yarn in my right hand. I am currently learning the Continental/German method with the yarn in my left hand. Supposedly this is the fastest way to knit and it's easier to switch between the knit and purl stitch. I still think that the Spanish method of putting the right needle under your armpit is the fastest method. However, the owner of a local knitting store told me that that method is harder on the wrists and that circular needles are the best. Do you have any opinions on that?

Happy knitting!

0 comments:

What do you most want to read about?