Powered By Blogger

Followers

Always Learning

Although yesterday was an incredibly busy day, I did find time to knit. If you saw me at 9:30pm, you would have sworn that I would have fallen asleep on the couch in minutes. However, after running around all day and working 12 hours, I did find time to knit from 9:30-11pm. I could hardly keep my eyes open, but it was worth it.  I'm about halfway done with the back of my bolero, which I hope to have finished by tomorrow. Since it's stockinette stitch (knit a row, purl a row), it's very easy to work on and to talk to other people or watch TV.

I learned how to do two things yesterday: purl through the front and back of a stitch and to purl through the back loop. I know that ptbl is a way of twisting the stitch and purling in the front and back is an increase; it's the same as knitting in the front and back, except on the purl side. With all these increases every row, my back piece looks a little funny, so I checked the drawing. Of course it didn't have a picture of just the back piece. I reviewed the pattern again and I can't find any mistakes, so let's hope the pieces fit together in a few weeks!

Happy knitting!

0 comments:

What do you most want to read about?