Powered By Blogger

Followers

Lace Shawl

I took a class on lace shawls on craftsy.com. It's a great course with two wonderful lace shawl patterns. I knit up the first shawl really quickly (Skywalker). I started Clarus in June 2012, hoping to finish it before summer ended.

Then I got other projects...

Suddenly it was March 2013 and I knew that I had to finish it. So I started knitting in a frenzy. I knit for hours. I am FINALLY on the border. There are over 330+ little stitches per row and it is taking me about 30 minutes to knit each row. Perhaps I will have this shawl done on Thursday. I only have 11 rows left!

I will definitely post pictures when I am done. Without blocking it, the shawl already covers my back. Once it's blocked, the shawl will grow at least three times its size. It will be exciting.

I always knew that patience was a virtue; it's one of those knitting lessons that I daily learn. However, this shawl is really testing the limits of my patience. The only thing that keeps me going is knowing how much I will love it when I'm done!

Happy knitting!

0 comments:

What do you most want to read about?