Powered By Blogger

Followers

TKGA Masters Level 1

I have been knitting fairly consistently for six years now. The first two, I was very hesitant in learning new things: I basically knit all rows and simply made scarves. It wasn't until I went to Spain when one of my friends told me about knitting and purling in the same row and how to prevent yarn overs. Ever since coming back from Spain, I have definitely branched out. Since then, I have made purl/knit combination scarves, learned to knit in the round, made and designed hats, learned how to knit with colors, how to weave in the ends, blocking, seaming, different cast-on methods, i-cords, increases and decreases, and how to make sweaters. This year I have already learned the basic brioche stitch, will be knitting a lace shawl, and I plan to learn how to knit socks.

Last summer, I first learned about the TKGA Masters Program. I have always been interested in perfecting whatever task I take on. Is that always possible? No, but I love to research, do, analyze, and improve. I really wanted to start the program last year, but with a new job, my friends and family figured that I had too much on my plate.

Last night, on an impulse buy with the help of a few glasses of wine, I renewed my TKGA membership and decided that it was time to start the Masters Program. I have taken courses on craftsy.com and I knit hours each day. I am SUPER excited! I know that I will have to knit 16 swatches, design a basic hat, and write a short paper, but I can't wait to start. Of course I hope everything will be perfect the first time I try, but I know it's not realistic. I figure that I will have my materials in a few weeks, which means I will have my spring break to start knitting, as well as my summer vacation. I'm hoping to have everything set by this August. It seems that most people take a year to finish the first level, but I'm really going to make an effort to finish it before the next school year starts. I, of course, will keep you updated.

Happy knitting!

0 comments:

What do you most want to read about?