Powered By Blogger

Followers

Wearing My Knits

I started knitting when I was a child because I knew my grandmother did it and I thought it was cool. When I started knitting again, it was because my roommate and I could knit together and chat. I stuck with it, but she didn't. Now I know so many more reasons to knit: it takes away stress, it's good for the health of your brain, and it gives me something to do with my hands, rather than pick at my cuticles, etc. Most importantly, I feel productive when I knit.

It wasn't until this passed December that I started knitting for myself. After seven years of knitting continuously, I had only knit myself one hat. Now I have also made myself a gray winter shawl and a red lace shawl. I have worn each one once in public and that leads me to my newest reason for why I love to knit: I feel like a princess when I wear what I have made, and a sense of pride. Since I am a teacher, you can imagine my income level. Being able to wear ornate shawls that are worth hundreds of dollars, allows me to dress up a basic outfit. They are useful and decorative. Most importantly, I am a happier person while I am wearing what I made.

Needless to say, this realization has only made me want to knit more and to knit faster.

Happy knitting!

0 comments:

What do you most want to read about?