Powered By Blogger

Followers

Good Deeds, reflections

The good deeds are still going well. I do more than one a day, without thinking. However, I do plan to do one a day, one that I normally wouldn't do.

When I mentioned this plan to my grandmother, she remembered good deeds that others  had done for her over 50 years ago. A few times someone bought her a coffee. Other times, someone would put a flower on her desk while she was gone for lunch. The fact that she remembered these small good deeds years later brings me happiness and hope. It reminds me that no matter how small the deed, it can be remembered decades later; a bit more love and goodness in the world stays much longer than the actual act. While the coffee has been drunk and while the flowers have become dust, the memory of the kindness lives on.

0 comments:

What do you most want to read about?