Powered By Blogger

Followers

Birthday

I froze this year after my birthday. The rush of time hit me really hard and I kept reflecting on how much I have changed in four years. It made me reflect on how I'm using my time and what I want to be doing. Being a workaholic, I tend to load myself up: I teach a knitting club once a week, tutor students during lunch, direct a children's choir, sing in one choir, usually get roped into singing with a second choir, and I try to exercise three times a week. Not to mention my boyfriend and dog. All of my activities leave me very little time for necessities (chores, appointments, eating), not to mention my personal life, and then I have no time to see my friends. After a few months of this, I realized that it was not how I wanted to spend my time.

So I'm changing my priorities. I'm giving up the knitting club and one choir, if not also the choir I direct. Of course, after making time, I'm already thinking about how else to fill it. Oh the irony! I'd like to go swing dancing twice a month. I'd like to knit about an hour a day. I'd definitely like to walk my dog a few times a week for 30 minutes. Lastly, I'd like to go out with friends once a week. I do miss getting together with people. What I hope to do is lose a few responsibilities and replace them with social get togethers. I think that will make me a lot happier.

The knitting front is going well. I completed three baby hats, all my own design. While they are not the most original, they are cute. I'll be posting the patterns shortly. I also made a top-down baby sweater from ravelry. I am SO happy with the result. I love that I only had to seam the sleeves. Now I want to find an adult pattern like that because once I master the shaping, I can start experimenting with pattern changes, colors, etc. I am still working on my winter shawl. I just started the third ball of yarn last night. Only 4 more to go! I'm hoping to knit another lace shawl for a confirmation that's coming up, but I'm not sure if I'll have time. We shall see!

I'll be posting pictures and patterns soon.

Happy knitting!

0 comments:

What do you most want to read about?