Powered By Blogger

Followers

New Projects

Now that the Big Lebowski sweater is done, I am ready to start knitting some new stuff. I really wanted to work on a sweater for myself (so far I've only knit myself a hat; one scarf in progress), but it seems that I will have to put that idea aside, at least for a few weeks.

I am currently working on a sweater for my dog. I thought that three weeks would be more than enough time, and it probably is, but I'm still unsure with what I am doing. Therefore, I knit as much as I can without advice from the designer, and then I have to wait until I can meet with her to double check that I'm interpreting the pattern correctly. So that project is going slowly, but surely. I'd love to make more dog sweaters and I'm sure the future ones will knit up much faster.

Instead of working on both of those, I will be knitting my grandfather a scarf and hat. He told my mom that he wanted them. Of course, he only told her 7 days before coming for Thanksgiving. Normally it takes me 2 weeks to knit a scarf alone. I will be having a knit-a-thon. I am going to make a seeded rib scarf. I think I like this pattern because it reminds me, loosely, of brioche, which I want to learn. It's also a very easy pattern. Thanks to craftsy.com, I can design my own hats, so I will be posting the scarf and hat pattern in a future post. Yes, they will be basic patterns, but I will do my best.

Happy knitting!

0 comments:

What do you most want to read about?