Powered By Blogger

Followers

Journey of wool fibers to hats

I recently bought a spinning wheel, and of course I started spinning with wool! I am still deciding on my style. With my first yarn, I fluctuated between the worsted technique (different from worsted yarn, though I did spin worsted/bulky yarn--weird how the definition changes from knitting to spinning!) and folding the fiber over my finger. Worsted feels more natural to me, but I suppose I will adjust my technique depending on the type of yarn that I want to spin. Perhaps when I am more advanced, I will cringe to read that I used multiple techniques to spin one yarn, but it spun, it's holding together, and I used it to knit. Below is the journey it made:

My brown correidale in a single ply.

Here it is plied with white wool.


Off the wheel and onto the knitty knotty




In a warm bath with wool wash.

Poorly twisted into a skein, but it made me so happy because it looks like yarn!

The two hats that I made from the yarn I spun. They don't look as "professional" as my other hats with commercially made yarn, but they still look fine.

Happy knitting and spinning!

0 comments:

What do you most want to read about?