Powered By Blogger

Followers

Cap Shawl Border

The cap shawl is coming along nicely. It was taking me a little over an hour to do the 30-row repeat, but now it's going faster. Because of its structure, I don't keep the stitch counter on the needle, but on a table nearby. I change it every other row because they are so short. Purling backwards is fun! It goes much faster. I wonder why I don't do this stitch regularly... I may try to knit/purl backwards more in the future. Not only is it beneficial for short rows like these, but also for entrelac, so I understand. I have wanted to attempt entrelac for years, but have not found the time. I learned how to do it once. The tricky part was knitting backwards and picking up stitches, but now that I can knit backwards and read my knitting better, I think it would be easier.

The 30-row repeat is going faster for the border: I can do it in about 45 minutes now. I still find it relaxing, but I'm only about a third of the way through. If I do one repeat a day, I should be done by the end of March. Luckily I have spring break, so hopefully I can finish this shawl sooner. Once I'm done, I plan to blog more about spinning yarn. I also want to work on some projects that I've had on my mind for years, but other projects keep interrupting them!

Happy knitting!

0 comments:

What do you most want to read about?