Powered By Blogger

Followers

Late Post on Summer Knitting

This summer was spent working on one project: my cousin's wedding blanket. I started working on it in the beginning of May. I designed it myself (wasn't that difficult), and I finished it August 1, a few days before the wedding.

Things I learned, but should have already known:

1. never knit a blanket in the summer! I was sweating SO much under the blanket--even with air conditioning!

2. Blocking it takes longer than you expect, even in the desert.

3. Never buy yarn that has been returned to a store. I bought Caron One Pound Yarn, which has no color variation--supposedly. I stupidly got one without an official label on it. I guess it had been returned because when I blocked the blanket, I noticed a slight color variation, which should not have been there. So even if there is no dye lot, make sure they all have the official label.

I will post my pattern soon (it's free!), but here are some pictures:




Happy knitting!

0 comments:

What do you most want to read about?