Powered By Blogger

Followers

Madrid

Sorry about waiting so long to write! I left my connector in Spain, so I couldn't upload any pictures. I will be doing my best to write about my trip to Spain this summer. So far, I am planning posts on: yarn in Madrid, food in Madrid, Botín, and Santander, though I am sure there are many most posts in there!

I love Madrid. For some reason, I never get there as often as I would like to. This time, I made it there a few times. I love going to Retiro, walking around Sol and Plaza Mayor, and just being there in general. The tough part about being in Madrid in the summer is that it is so hot! So it is kind of hard to be walking around all day.

The lovely lake in Retiro. This summer I finally got to row a boat. It was a lot of fun. It was also refreshing to get out on the water. For only 4 euros and a bit, it's well worth it for 45 minutes of fun.

Calle Arenal near Sol. I love the actual street, and, of course, the stores. There used to be a great ice-cream place, but alas, it is no longer there :(

I can't believe I didn't notice these signs before! It became a bit of a game to try to find them. They are so beautiful and each street has a different picture. One day I will have tile work in my home! I just can't get enough!

Sol. Always busy and always breath-taking. It's nothing fantastic in pictures, but the feeling of frenzy is constantly there.

The new train stop for Renfe! I think it's supposed to look like a fish. The station looks very sci-fi downstairs. It's very convenient.

Again, somehow I missed this statue on previous trips to Madrid. How could I miss the city's symbol?

Plaza Mayor. The detail on this building is really cool. It is yet another thing I overlooked on previous visits.

The tower in Plaza Mayor. You can see some of the detail here.

0 comments:

What do you most want to read about?