Powered By Blogger

Followers

Holiday Cheer

The holidays are usually stress-filled, so I try my best to make my own holiday cheer. Granted, I'm not a full-fledged adult, so I don't have to worry about having guests, buying a tree, decorating it, and cooking. I am lucky. As a child, I didn't realize how much work my parents did so I could simply enjoy the magic of the holiday. When I was old enough to help with all of the preparation, suddenly the magic was gone and I wondered what had happened.
This year, I have many plans to make the holidays wonderful. For instance, I'll be making a gingerbread house. I am also making a lot of Christmas presents, so that helps me to constantly remember that this is the season of giving and showing your love. I will be singing at Christmas Eve and Day mass. And one more thing...I went to Winterhaven earlier in the week with my mother to see the lights. Now, perhaps my true colors will shine on this one, but being there gave me an idea for a holiday short story. More to come in the next post :D

0 comments:

What do you most want to read about?