Powered By Blogger

Followers

Opposition

They say a definition is simply the description of the opposition.
I am not defined by my sexual organs.
I do not appreciate condescending behavior.
I do not waste away the hours on a sofa
Mindlessly taking in electronic impulses.
I do not enjoy watching a potato sprout
And grow roots.
I do not like staring at the sky as soon as the sun has set,
Wondering where all of the beauty has gone.
I do not like looking at the stars
Contemplating how minute I am in this world, this universe.
I do not like reading great poetry
Knowing that mine is a misuse of the power of language.
I am not the sum of my parts.
I am not a blooming lily,
But I am the scent of one.
And after all of this description of the opposition,
I still am not sure of who I am.

Oh wait,

I'm nobody--
Who are you?

0 comments:

What do you most want to read about?